Section: Command-line reference (1)
:aptitude-create-state-bundle [<options>...] <output-file>
- produces a compressed archive storing the files that are required to replicate the current package archive state. The following files and directories are included in the bundle
- • $HOME/.aptitude
- • /var/lib/aptitude
- • /var/lib/apt
- • /var/cache/apt/*.bin
- • /etc/apt
- • /var/lib/dpkg/status
- Override the autodetection of which compression algorithm to use. By default, aptitude-create-state-bundle uses bzip2?(1) if it is available, and gzip?(1) otherwise. Passing this option forces the use of bzip2 even if it doesn't appear to be available.
- Override the autodetection of which compression algorithm to use. By default, aptitude-create-state-bundle uses bzip2?(1) if it is available, and gzip?(1) otherwise. Passing this option forces the use of gzip even if bzip2 is available.
- Print a brief usage message, then exit.
- Instead of creating a bundle, display a list of the files and directories that the program would include if it generated a bundle.
Daniel Burrows <[email protected]>
Copyright 2007 Daniel Burrows.
This manual page is free software; you can redistribute it and/or modify it under the terms of the GNU General Public License as published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the License, or (at your option) any later version.
This manual page is distributed in the hope that it will be useful, but WITHOUT ANY WARRANTY; without even the implied warranty of MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. See the GNU General Public License for more details.
You should have received a copy of the GNU General Public License along with this program; if not, write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 51 Franklin Street, Fifth Floor, Boston, MA 02110-1301 USA.