Section: User Commands (1)
b43-fwcutter can extract the firmware for your Broadcom 43xx hardware from different closed source drivers. The b43 driver depends on these firmware files and can't work without them.
Currently b43-fwcutter supports Apple MacOS X, Microsoft Windows and Linux drivers, but keep in mind that b43-fwcutter doesn't support all driver versions.
- b43-fwcutter bcmwl5.sys
- List supported driver versions:
- Only identify the driver file (don't extract):
- -w|--target-dir DIR
- Extract and write firmware to DIR:
- Extract alternative initvals (only 3.10.x.x):
- Print b43-fwcutter version:
- Print help information:
b43 development team, http://wireless.kernel.org/en/users/Drivers/b43