Section: User Commands (1)
- broadwayd [--port PORT] [--address ADDRESS] [--unixsocket ADDRESS] [
- is a display server for the Broadway GDK backend. It allows multiple GTK+ applications to display their windows in the same web browser, by connecting to broadwayd.
When using broadwayd, specify the display number to use, prefixed with a colon, similar to X. The default display number is 1.
Then point your web browser at http://127.0.0.1:8084. Start your applications like this:
You can add password protection for your session by creating a file in $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/broadway.passwd or $HOME/.config/broadway.passwd with a crypt?(3) style password hash. A simple way to generate it is with openssl:
openssl passwd -1 > ~/.config/broadway.passwd
- Use PORT as the HTTP port, instead of the default 8080 + (DISPLAY - 1).
- Use ADDRESS as the HTTP address, instead of the default http://127.0.0.1:PORT.
- Use ADDRESS as the unix domain socket address. This option overrides --address and --port. It is available only on Unix-like systems.