Section: User Commands (1)
:gvfs-trash [OPTION...] [LOCATION...]
- sends files or directories to the "Trashcan". This can be a different folder depending on where the file is located, and not all file systems support this concept. In the common case that the file lives inside a users home directory, the trash folder is $XDG_DATA_HOME/Trash.
Note that moving files to the trash does not free up space on the file system until the "Trashcan" is emptied. If you are interested in deleting a file irreversibly, see gvfs-rm.
The following options are understood:
- Prints a short help text and exits.
- Shows the version number and exits.
- Ignore nonexistent and non-deletable files.
- Empty the trash.
- Desktop Trash Can specification