Section: User Commands (1)
- is the main daemon for the gvfs virtual filesystem. It provides the org.gtk.vfs.Daemon name on the session bus. gvfsd is autostarted by GIO clients if it is not running.
The primary task of gvfsd is to act as a mount tracker/manager. It spawns new backends when requested and keeps track fo their lifecycle, maintaining a list of active mounts and creates direct connections to them.
Since gvfs backends are running as children of the gvfsd process, it is possible to start gvfsd in a terminal and set environment variables to get debug output from individual backends.
- Prints a short help text and exits.
- Shows the version number and exits.
- Replace the currently running gvfsd instance.
- Don't start the fuse filesystem.
- If this environment variable is set, gvfsd will not start the fuse filesystem.