Section: User Commands (1)
Updated: November 2005
With notify-send you can sends desktop notifications to the user via a notification daemon from the command line. These notifications can be used to inform the user about an event or display some form of information without getting in the user's way.
-u, --urgency=LEVEL Specifies the urgency level (low, normal, critical).
- -t, --expire-time=TIME
- Specifies the timeout in milliseconds at which to expire the notification.:
- -i, --icon=ICON[,ICON...]
- Specifies an icon filename or stock icon to display.:
- -c, --category=TYPE[,TYPE...]
- Specifies the notification category.:
- -?, --help
- Show this help message:
- -h, --hint=TYPE
- NAME:VALUE:Specifies basic extra data to pass. Valid types are int, double, string and byte.:
- The Desktop Notification Spec on http://www.galago-project.org/specs/notification/.
This manual page was written by Andre Filipe de Assuncao e Brito <[email protected]> and Paul van Tilburg <[email protected]> and Riccardo Setti <[email protected]> for the Debian project (but may be used by others).