Section: User commands (1)
Updated: Tue, 02 Feb 2010 23:35:52 +0100
qdbus - a communication-interface for qt-based applications
qdbus [--system] [--literal] [servicename] [path] [method] [args]
qdbus provides an interface to Qt-based applications communicating over D-Bus. See http://www.freedesktop.org/software/dbus/ for more information about the big picture.
By default qdbus will list all service names of services that are running and you can manipulate at the moment. You can also manipulate and run several types of methods for each dbus-enabled application.
- the service to connect to (e.g., org.freedesktop.DBus):
- the path to the object (e.g., /):
- the method to call, with or without the interface:
- arguments to pass to the call:
- connect to the system bus:
- print replies literally:
Here is an example of using qdbus to list all status information about a service:
% qdbus org.ktorrent.ktorrent