Section: systemd-tty-ask-password-agent (1)
:systemd-tty-ask-password-agent [OPTIONS...] [VARIABLE=VALUE...]
- is a password agent that handles password requests of the system, for example for hard disk encryption passwords or SSL certificate passwords that need to be queried at boot-time or during runtime.
The following options are understood:
- Lists all currently pending system password requests.
- Process all currently pending system password requests by querying the user on the calling TTY.
- Continuously process password requests.
- Ask question on /dev/console instead of querying the user on the calling TTY.
- Print a short help text and exit.
- Print a short version string and exit.
- Password Agents Specification