Section: User Commands (1)
toe [-v[n]] [-ahsuUV] file...
With no options, toe lists all available terminal types by primary name with descriptions. File arguments specify the directories to be scanned; if no such arguments are given, your default terminfo directory is scanned. If you also specify the -h option, a directory header will be issued as each directory is entered.
There are other options intended for use by terminfo file maintainers:
- report on all of the terminal databases which ncurses would search, rather than only the first one that it finds.If the -s is also given, toe adds a column to the report, showing (like conflict?(1)) which entries which belong to a given terminal database. An "*" marks entries which differ, and "+" marks equivalent entries.:
- sort the output by the entry names.:
- -u file
- says to write a report to the standard output, listing dependencies in the given terminfo/termcap source file. The report condenses the `use' relation: each line consists of the primary name of a terminal that has use capabilities, followed by a colon, followed by the whitespace-separated primary names of all terminals which occur in those use capabilities, followed by a newline:
- -U file
- says to write a report to the standard output, listing reverse dependencies in the given terminfo/termcap source file. The report reverses the `use' relation: each line consists of the primary name of a terminal that occurs in use capabilities, followed by a colon, followed by the whitespace-separated primary names of all terminals which depend on it, followed by a newline.:
- specifies that (verbose) output be written to standard error, showing toe's progress. The optional parameter n is a number from 1 to 10, interpreted as for tic?(1).:
- reports the version of ncurses which was used in this program, and exits.:
- Compiled terminal description database.:
This describes ncurses version 5.9 (patch 20140913).