Section: BrlAPI User's Manual (1)
xbrlapi connects to a BrlAPI server in order to provide it with the ID of the X11 window which currently has focus. It also simulates X keysyms from braille key presses (else brltty would simulate them using a qwerty keyboard).
Options are processed sequentially from left to right. If an option is specified more than once, or in case of a conflict, the rightmost specification takes precedence.
The following options are supported:
- -b [host][
- port] (--brlapi=):The BrlAPI server to connect to.:
- -a string (--auth=)
- The BrlAPI authorization/authentication string.:
- -d display (--display=)
- The X display to connect to. If not specified, the content of the DISPLAY environment variable is used.:
- -q (--quiet)
- Do not write any text to the braille device.:
- -h (--help)
- Print a command line usage summary and then exit.:
- -H (--full-help)
- Print a thorough command line usage summary and then exit.:
For more details on the purpose of xbrlapi, see BrlAPI's on-line manual at [http://mielke.cc/brltty/doc/Manual-BrlAPI/English/BrlAPI-3.html].