Section: User Commands (1)
Updated: Version 4.5.x
xfdesktop - The Xfce 4 Desktop Environment's desktop manager
xfdesktop manages the desktop itself in the Xfce 4 Desktop Environment. This includes drawing the desktop backdrop and providing a right-click applications menu and middle-click window list menu, as well as drawing icons on the desktop. Only one instance of xfdesktop can be running at a time, and should be started by running xfdesktop without any arguments.
- Causes an already-running instance of xfdesktop to reload all its settings, including loading a new random backdrop if using a backdrop list.:
- Causes an already-running instance of xfdesktop to pop up the applications menu at the current position of the mouse cursor.:
- Causes an already-running instance of xfdesktop to pop up the window list menu at the current position of the mouse cursor.:
xfdesktop's behavior is affected by the following environment variables.
- Specifies the root for all user-specific configuration files. If this environment variable is not present, it defaults to ~/.config:
- Specifies a colon-separated list of system directories in which to search for configuration data. If this environment variable is not present, it defaults to /etc/xdg:
xfdesktop searches for a menu description file in $XDG_CONFIG_DIRS/menus/xfce-applications.menu. xfdesktop can also use a user-customized menu in $XDG_CONFIG_HOME/menus/.
Please report any bugs to http://bugzilla.xfce.org/. Development discussion should be conducted on the [email protected] mailing list. Usage-related questions should be directed to the [email protected] mailing list.
This manual page was originally written by Brian Tarricone