Section: SANE Scanner Access Now Easy (5)
Updated: 14 Jul 2008
The sane-nec library implements a SANE (Scanner Access Now Easy) backend that provides access to NEC SCSI scanners. This backend should be considered alpha-quality software! In the current state it is known to work with PC-IN500/4C scanners. Another MultiReader scanner series is not supported. PC-IN 500/4C and MultiReader scanner are only sold in Japan.(except Multi Reader PetiScan.)
For other scanners, it may or may not work.
The backend has the following known problems:
:- ColorLineart mode is not supported.
- device name is fixed to /dev/scanner:
At present, the following scanners are known to work with this backend.
Vendor Product id ------ ----------- NEC PC-IN500/4C
- The backend configuration file.:
- The static library implementing this backend.:
- The shared library implementing this backend (present on systems that support dynamic loading).:
- If the library was compiled with debug support enabled, this environment variable controls the debug level for this backend. E.g., a value of 128 requests all debug output to be printed. Smaller levels reduce verbosity.: