Section: Maintenance Commands (8)
Updated: August 2014
dumpe2fs prints the super block and blocks group information for the filesystem present on device.
- print the blocks which are reserved as bad in the filesystem.:
- -o superblock=superblock
- use the block superblock when examining the filesystem. This option is not usually needed except by a filesystem wizard who is examining the remains of a very badly corrupted filesystem.:
- -o blocksize=blocksize
- use blocks of blocksize bytes when examining the filesystem. This option is not usually needed except by a filesystem wizard who is examining the remains of a very badly corrupted filesystem.:
- force dumpe2fs to display a filesystem even though it may have some filesystem feature flags which dumpe2fs may not understand (and which can cause some of dumpe2fs's display to be suspect).:
- only display the superblock information and not any of the block group descriptor detail information.:
- display the filesystem data from an image file created by e2image, using device as the pathname to the image file.:
- print the detailed group information block numbers in hexadecimal format:
- print the version number of dumpe2fs and exit.:
dumpe2fs is part of the e2fsprogs package and is available from http://e2fsprogs.sourceforge.net.