Section: runlevel (8)
- prints the previous and current SysV runlevel if they are known.
The two runlevel characters are separated by a single space character. If a runlevel cannot be determined, N is printed instead. If neither can be determined, the word "unknown" is printed.
The following option is understood:
- Print a short help text and exit.
- If $RUNLEVEL is set, runlevel will print this value as current runlevel and ignore utmp.
- If $PREVLEVEL is set, runlevel will print this value as previous runlevel and ignore utmp.
- The utmp database runlevel reads the previous and current runlevel from.